This past week I learned that Ree of ReeknittingwordswithGod chose The Midlife Second Wife as one of five blogs to receive the Liebster Award. The name derives from the German—Liebling means favorite, Liebe means love, Liebste means dearest—hence Liebster, because the award is given to blogs that the recipient loves. The circle of Liebster Blogs is ever-widening, and could very well exist in perpetuity as long as there’s an Internet and bloggers who blog. It’s important to note that bloggers give the award only to blogs with fewer than 200 followers. (It pleases me to report that also this week, the The Midlife Second Wife reached a circulation of 120 e-mail and WordPress subscribers.)
Because the Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers, I consider it a singular honor—we write not only to gain perspective and understanding, but also so that others will read. The award, therefore, strikes me as a real validation of what we do. It’s also a wonderful way for the blogging community to connect, and to share blogs that they themselves love.
There are a few requirements that come with the Liebster Award. Here they are:
I. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them. (Ree, thank you. I’m glad to count you among my readers, and am happy to send people your way.) You can find Ree’s reflections on spirituality and—yes!—knitting, at ReeknittingwordswithGod.
II. Reveal your top five selections for the award and let those bloggers know by leaving a comment on their blog (see below).
III. Post the award on your blog.
Here are my award winners—I hope you’ll enjoy discovering their work:
1. Linda Grashoff – The true name of Linda’s blog is Romancing Reality, and that’s precisely what this painterly photographer does. In the click of a shutter, she finds art in everyday places and captures extraordinary nature scenes that mesmerize.
2. A.B. Westrick – It almost goes without saying that bloggers are writers. But when you find a writer who is a blogger, well, that’s a bonus. If you care at all about the craft of writing, then you owe it to yourself to visit this blog. A.B.’s first book, for young adult readers, is forthcoming from Viking Children’s Books.
3. Radical Amazement – I discovered this blog when it was featured on WordPress’ “Freshly Pressed.” I was, well, impressed. I love the sensibilities here, this is a deeply spiritual blog—but it is the spirituality of a person who is not afraid to state: “I am agnostic with a great deal of faith.” A photographer and a writer, this is a talent I’m glad to have stumbled upon.
4. Author Meg Medina – Another great blog by a writer. Meg is a Latina author, as she says, “of libros for kids of all ages.” Not only will you find humor and insight here, you’ll snag some terrific recipes, too.
5. Aphaeresis – Anne’s blog is about everything under the sun—food, daily life, books, classical music—the quotidian quirkily observed. A true diarist, she writes lyrically, sardonically, intelligently. I love it.
Ree, thanks again for the honor.
Marci – What an honor! Thank you. I’ve been flying under the radar with my blog for a few months now, and your recognition means a lot. I’ve been enjoying “Midlife Second Wife” from the start, and am blown away by the high quality of your posts as well as your commitment to blog daily. You set the bar high, and all of us are better for it. Thanks again.
Anne, thank you for your incredibly kind words. It’s an honor for me to bring some attention to your writing. You are most happily welcome!
You are so welcome! I am so glad I found your blog and hope to share it with others!
Blessings to you and your prince!
Thank you, Ree. Your positive spirit shines through in everything you write!
Writing Jobs said:
Great post today thanks. I really enjoyed reading it very much. You have an excellent blog here.
Meg Medina said:
Good morning, Marci! I just opened this post! How sweet to be included. I’ll work on sharing the news, etc. in a little while. A cup of coffee is calling my name!
Glad you like the “gift”! I’ve been drinking coffee since 7:30 this morning; I should probably stop soon….
Linda Grashoff said:
Congratulations on winning the Liebster award, Marci. And thank you for passing it on to me as well as writing kind words about my blog. Wow!
You’re welcome, Linda! It’s an honor for me to help promote work of such high artistic quality and integrity. Your photographs deserve a worldwide audience!
A Bahamian In Austria said:
Congratulations on your award! Knowing how good it feels to have people read and like what you write, I’m really happy for you. 😀
That’s so kind of you—thank you! And thanks very much for subscribing to the blog. I’m woefully behind on my thank-you notes and comments following the Freshly Pressed frenzy Thanksgiving week. I appreciate your readership and support!
Pingback: Sharing the Liebe « Radical Amazement